The most important aspect of the activities of the Old Girls’ Association must be the fellowship and friendship which begins at school and is carried on throughout a lifetime.
The first meeting of the Old Girls’ Association was held in Timaru on June 14 1920.
Mrs William Raymond presided and there was an attendance of approximately 100.
Apart from the Home Association, branches are still active in Dunedin (est.1934): Christchurch (1934): Nelson (1978), Mid Canterbury (Ashburton) (1963), and Waimate (1967), while informal groups meet in Geraldine and Temuka, and most recently in Oamaru.
Our vision is, that through this link, past pupils of the school will keep in touch both with the school, and with fellow old girls within their region, thereby strengthening membership in existing branches, or form new groups in other areas around New Zealand and overseas.
The Home Association and Branches contribute to prizegiving and support other projects around the school. Recent contributions have seen the completion of Honours Boards now hanging in the Nora Dickie Hall, new street signage on the corner of Hassall and Cain Streets, portable staging for the Arts & Drama; ongoing contributions to enable the safe storage and cataloguing of uniforms, publications, photographs, art work and memorabilia of our School Archives.
Past pupils and members of the Association play a significant role at prizegiving ceremonies – celebrating past and present achievements.
We invite you to join us and help preserve the special character and remarkable heritage of our esteemed School.